At our academy we aim to provide a high-quality computing education that equips pupils to use computational thinking and creativity to understand and change the world. Computing has deep links with mathematics, science, and design and technology and we use these links to embed computing and technology into our curriculum. The core of computing is computer science, in which pupils are taught the principles of information and computation, how digital systems work, and how to put this knowledge to use through coding. Our pupils learn these skills with Espresso Coding. We use National Online Safety to teach our pupils about being a responsible online citizen and how to navigate the online world in a safe and productive way.
Principles of Computing
- Provide a broad, balanced, challenging and enjoyable curriculum for all pupils.
- Give pupil’s the skills to stay safe online
- Develop pupil’s computational thinking skills
- To develop a strong understanding of coding, algorithms, data representation and communication
- To respond to new developments in technology
- To equip pupils with the confidence and skills to use digital tools and technologies throughout their lives.
- To enhance and enrich learning in other areas of the curriculum using IT and computing.
- Pupils are responsible, competent, confident, and creative users of information and communication technology.