Lunches & Free School Meals
Every child in Reception, Year One and Year Two classes will receive a school meal irrespective of family circumstances. If you are receiving a qualifying benefit, then please inform Central Bedfordshire Council as the academy will receive extra Pupil Premium funding from the government which will be used to support your child’s education.
The qualifying benefits of receiving free school meals are:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part IV of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit, and your annual gross income does not exceed £16,190 as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit (during the initial roll-out of this benefit)
If you would like further information on Free School Meals and how to claim for your family, please contact us.